Accounting and Administrative Clerk
Responsible for performing accounting, administrative clerical & general office duties in an office setting.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Perform basic bookkeeping duties.
- Compile, maintain and file accounting financial records.
- Perform account reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Assist with Procurement, Corporate Card and Bill Paying Processes.
- Assists with office administration duties including ensuring that office, breakroom and general supplies are ordered and maintained at adequate levels and kept in orderly fashion.
- Coordinates the timely, efficient, and cost-effective management of office equipment.
- Conducts a broad range of general business support including sorting and distributing incoming mail, management of Company Main Number and Voicemail & incoming faxes, assisting with FedEx requests, and company credit card purchase requests.
- Assist with Corporate Record Management processes.
- Supports/assists other Administrative activities & Special Projects.
- Uses tact and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Works in accordance with quality system procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma; AA degree a plus.
- Basic accounting knowledge or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks a plus.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet multiple and occasional competing deadlines.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills needed. Must have the ability to prioritize and change direction quickly as needed.
- Previous office support experience a plus.
Menlo Park, CA